This course is designed to help students establish a comprehensive strategy for effective communication in urban ministry. Emphasis will be placed on engaging the various stakeholders in urban ministry with relevant, timely, and clear communication across various contexts and channels.
- The Skinny on Communication: A Big Youth Ministry Topic…, Jeff White, ISBN: 978-1470725433
- Urban Communication: Production, Text, Context (Critical Media Studies: Institutions, Politics, and Culture), Timothy A. Gibson, ISBN: 978-0742540620
- Language across Difference: Ethnicity, Communication, and Youth Identities in Changing Urban Schools, Django Paris, ISBN: 978-1107613966
- Other People’s Words: The Cycle of Low Literacy, Victoria Purcell-Gates, ISBN: 978-0674645110
- Social Linguistics and Literacies: Ideology in Discourses, James Gee, ISBN: 978-1138853867