This course is designed to lay a foundation for urban ministry by introducing the history, trends and challenges that shape it uniquely. Building on that context, the course will challenge learners to integrate Scripture into every aspect of urban ministry and create programming driven by a clear sense of mission and purpose.
- When Helping Hurts: How to Alleviate Poverty Without Hurting the Poor . . . and Yourself, Steve Corbett, ISBN: 978-0802409980
- Toxic Charity, Robert D. Lupton, ISBN: 978-0062076212
- Urban Ministry: The Kingdom, the City & the People of God, Harvey M. Conn, ISBN: 978-0830838707
- A Theology as Big as the City, Raymond J. Bakke, ISBN: 978-0830818907
- Center Church: Doing Balanced, Gospel-Centered Ministry in Your City, Timothy Keller, ISBN: 978-0310494188