Developing a Christian worldview that is biblically sound and practically functional requires a foundational skillset in “doing theology” in a way that effectively intersects with the practical and philosophical questions of life, community and culture. This course will engage the student in the development of that skillset using basic steps for building a Christian worldview that is biblically accurate, including exegesis and biblical theology, linking passages across Scripture, categorizing all of the biblical data on various themes, validating extra-biblical truth claims, and applying biblical teaching to all of life.
- Worldviews in Conflict: Choosing Christianity in a World of Ideas, Ronald H. Nash, ISBN: 978-0310577713
- Living God’s Word: Discovering Our Place in the Great Story of Scripture, J Scott Duvall, J Daniel Hays, ISBN: 978-0310292104
- Genesis: History, Fiction, or Neither?, Zondervan, ISBN: 978-0310514947
- Christian Theology, Millard J Erickson, ISBN: 978-0801036439
- Think Christianly: Looking at the Intersection of Faith and Culture, Jonathan Morrow, Darrell Bock, ISBN: 978-0310328650