This course is designed as an introduction to ethical thought and its application to contemporary decision-making. Examination of issues such as those involved in reproduction, abortion, infanticide, euthanasia, genetic engineering, biomedical research, divorce, homosexuality, LGBT, capital punishment, civil disobedience, war, social justice, and the environment may be explored. The desired outcome is for students to demonstrate critical thinking about such issues and to develop skills to articulate positions about moral and social problems from their own personal worldviews.
- Ethics, Dietrich Bonhoeffer, ISBN: 978-0684815015
- Christian Ethics: Contemporary Issues and Options, Normal L. Geisler, ISBN: 978-0801038792
- Ministerial Ethics: Moral Formation for Church Leaders, Joe E. Trull, ISBN: 978-0801027550
- Christian Ethics: A Case Method Approach 4th Edition, Laura A. Stivers, ISBN: 978-1570759666
- Introducing Christian Ethics: A Short Guide to Making Moral Choices, Scott Rae, ISBN: 978-0310521181