This course is designed to help students develop an effective practical approach to bringing the unchanging Gospel to culturally diverse settings in today’s world. Core Gospel concepts will be reviewed along with an evaluation of methods of engagement, challenges of communication, indigenous worldviews, and cultural patterns. Identification of practical local needs will be explored to determine the logical starting point when communicating the Gospel within a target culture.
- Communicating Christ Cross-Culturally, David J. Hesselgrave, ISBN: 978-0310368113
- Ministering Cross-Culturally, Sherwood G. Lingenfelter, ISBN: 978-0801026478
- Finish the Mission: Bringing the Gospel to the Unreached and…, John Piper, ISBN: 978-1433534836
- Transforming Worldviews: An Anthropological Understanding…, Paul G. Heibert, ISBN: 978-0801027055
- Anthropological Reflections on Missiological Issues, Paul G. Heibert, ISBN: 978-0801043949