This course is designed to help students to establish a Biblical foundational philosophy for ministering in intercultural environments and to introduce students to basic skills and competencies necessary for effective ministry in any culture. Emphasis will be placed on understanding non-negotiable Biblical principles, exploration of characteristics unique to intercultural and cross-cultural communities, and applying ministry principles to the specific needs of individuals across the globe.
- Ministering Cross-Culturally: A Model for Effective Personal Relationships, Sherwood Lingenfelter, ISBN: 978-0801097478
- Helping Without Hurting in Short-Term Missions: Leader’s Guide, Steve Corbett, ISBN: 978-0802412294
- When Helping Hurts: How to Alleviate Poverty Without Hurting the Poor . . . and Yourself, Steve Corbett, ISBN: 978-0802409980
- Western Christians in Global Mission, Paul Borthwick, ISBN: 978-0830837809
- Cross-Cultural Servanthood: Serving the World in Christlike Humility, Duane Elmer, ISBN: 978-0830833788