This course is designed as a practice-oriented introduction to public speaking, as well as small group, and interpersonal communications skills. Attention is given to the fundamental processing of ideas, organization of materials, and group dynamics, along with the use of the voice, articulation, and body expression. Emphasis will be given to the delivery of prepared messages in various settings, with various audiences, and in various formats.
- Presenting to Win: The Art of Telling Your Story, Jerry Weissman, ISBN: 978-0134093284
- The Elements of Great Public Speaking: How to Be Calm, Confident, and Compelling, J. Lyman Macinnis, ISBN: 978-1580087803
- Talk Like TED: The 9 Public-Speaking Secrets of the World’s Top Minds, Carmine Gallo, ISBN: 978-1250061539
- What’s Your Message?: Public Speaking with twice the impact, using half the effort, Cam Barber, ISBN: 978-0992505509
- How to Speak How to Listen, Mortimer J. Adler, ISBN: 978-0684846477