The Scriptures are the life-giving breath of God in the pages of a book, given to us by God to transform us into the very image of Jesus Christ. How we approach that book matters. How we understand what it is saying matters. How we apply what it says to the shaping of our perspectives, attitudes, and actions will determine whether we will be transformed by it or further hardened to its intended impact. This course of study is intended to introduce students to an understanding of what the Bible says about itself and engage them in a pursuit of all that it claims to offer to them.
- Introduction to Biblical Interpretation, William Klein, et al, ISBN: 978-0310524175
- Let the Reader Understand: A Guide to Interpreting and Applying the Bible, Dan McCartney, Charles Clayton, ISBN: 978-0875525167
- Biblical Interpretation: A Roadmap, Sharon Ring, Fredrick Tiffany, ISBN: 978-0687016082
- How to Read the Bible for All Its Worth, Gordon Fee, Douglas Stewart, ISBN: 978-0310517825
- Biblical Interpretation Then and Now, David Dockery, ISBN: 978-0801030109